OSHA Compliance Training
NESI’s staff of professional trainers will assist your company with Health & Safety Compliance & Training for occupational health and safety to enable employers and building owners to meet or exceed federal, state or local regulations, particularly OSHA.
The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) was created to ensure safe and healthful working conditions for employees. Employers must provide a workplace that’s free from serious hazards and that follows all OSHA requirements.
OSHA training is required for employees as part of several standards which are listed below. In addition, written safety plans are required for several industries. Listed below are the OSHA compliance solutions that we provide to meet your needs.
- 1926.59 Hazard Communication Compliance & Training to provide worker-right-to-know programs mandated by federal OSHA, EPA, and some state regulators to communicate information regarding the hazards of chemicals to workers and communities.
- 1926.62 Lead in Construction Compliance & Training to provide commercial, industrial and HUD/EPA abatement contractors’ worker protection against lead exposure on the jobsite.
- 1910.134 Respirator Protection Compliance & Training
- 1926.1101 Asbestos Construction Industry Standard/inclusive of EPA’s AHERA& NESHAP
OSHA Lead Awareness Courses
Take this OSHA Lead Awareness course to learn proper work practices to prevent lead-based paint exposure in workers and building occupants. Per OSHA requirements, this course covers health effects of lead exposure and various work activities required to comply with OSHA’s Lead In Construction Standard (29 CFR 1926.62) and General Industry (29 CFR 1910.1025). This course is for building maintenance personnel and construction workers who work in schools, residential housing and commercial buildings and perform activities that may disturb lead paint where the anticipated exposures will be below the OSHA Action Level.
- Interactive learning from a certified instructor
- Student manual to keep as a reference for when you’re in the field
- OSHA Lead Awareness Course certification
4-Hour Mold Awareness Course
This 4 hour Mold Awareness Course will be presented by National Environmental Solutions, Inc. out of Sautee, Georgia with extensive knowledge of the mold industry. Items to be presented:
- What is Mold?
- How does it grow?
- Structural & health problems associated with mold
- Various sources of moisture intrusion
- IAQ Mold Inspections including the assessment process & equipment used
- How to take mold samples
- How to interpret lab results
Students will be required to take a 20 question exam at end of course in order to get a certificate. This course does NOT allow anyone to get certification for mold remediation as there is no mold certification. It is meant to be an awareness course only.
4-Hour Asbestos Awareness Course
This 4 hour Asbestos Awareness will be presented by National Environmental Solutions, Inc. out of Sautee, GA with extensive knowledge of the asbestos industry.
Items to be presented:
- What is Asbestos?
- How can it become airborne?
- Structural & health problems associated with asbestos exposure
- Various asbestos containing building materials
- EPA Asbestos inspections including assessment process & equipment used
- How to take asbestos samples
- How to interpret lab samples
- Managing Asbestos in Place/O&M Program
- Asbestos Hazard Control Measures
Students will be required to take a 20 question exam at end of course in order to get a certificate. This course does NOT allow anyone to get certification for asbestos remediation as it is meant to serve as an awareness course only.
16-Hour Asbestos Operations & Maintenance Course
This 16-hour Asbestos O&M Course will be presented by NESI staff with extensive knowledge of the asbestos industry. This course is required by both EPA & OSHA for various levels of Class III or EPA Operations & Maintenance Training of maintenance workers who may disturb small amounts of asbestos. It is specifically designed for maintenance and repair operations disturbing material containing >1% asbestos and used along with an O&M program, is a control method used for managing asbestos while it remains in a building.
Items to be presented:
- Designating the regulated areas
- Establishing the Competent person
- Required air monitoring
- Medical Surveillance/Respirator Protection/PPE
- Training Requirements for Class I – Class IV Work
- Employee & Equipment Decontamination
- Generally Required Work Practices & Engineering Controls
- Prohibited Work Practices and Administrative Controls
- Controls & Work Practices